Here are 8 beliefs I have regarding education.
Some seem obvious, some will also apply to contexts outside of education. I believe that all are essential to successful school or college leadership.
- Teachers make a difference
- Education can change lives
- Technology can make teachers’ lives easier and learning better
- Learners should not be labelled
- Expectations (both of the teacher and the learner) affect learners’ outcomes
- Practice makes perfect
- Small things can have a big impact – focus on your “critical non-essentials”
- If you want a different outcome, do it differently